High School Biology and Chemistry Teacher
The high school division of LREI seeks a full time Biology and Chemistry Teacher,
starting in the 2017-18 school year. We seek a talented educator who can inspire students and teachers, be inspired by our mission, and create a dynamic classroom with high educational expectations. Cultural competence, the ability to work collaboratively, a student-centered pedagogy and excellent communication skills are essential. A Masters degree in Biology, Chemistry or related subject and at least three years of successful experience teaching introductory and advanced levels of science as a teacher are preferred, experience teaching Modeling Chemistry is a plus. Successful LREI teachers are life-long learners who are reflective about their practice and avail themselves of professional development and leadership opportunities and are interested in working in a progressive, intellectually engaged and diverse learning environment.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Creating a safe, respectful, supportive and challenging learning environment
· Working with the High School Science Department to create science classes that align with our progressive mission and pedagogical approach
· Planning Modeling Chemistry, Biology, and Science Elective lessons and
assessments in collaboration with the High School Science Department
· Serving as an advisor to 10-12 HS Students, conducting weekly meetings and leading family conferences
· Attending weekly staff meetings
· Communicating with student, parents, and the administration both formally and informally (Online student management portal, email, phone calls, conferences, and written Mid and End-of-Term Reports)
· Being an active member of the LREI community
To apply, candidates should email a statement of interest and resume to the High School Principal, Micah Dov Gottlieb at firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating Science Teacher
in the subject line. No telephone inquiries please.